- Bitcoin unlikely to replace goldon January 24, 2021 at 11:03 pm
Commentary from Singapore's DBS Bank on BTC and gold - says the crypto is unlikely to replace gold in portfolios as a risk diversifier. (ps. the note is from late last week)
- 30 people in Japan charged for exchanging stolen cryptocurrencyon January 22, 2021 at 4:10 am
Kyodo with the report - the 30+ people were arrested for allegedly exchanging NEM cryptocurrency for other digital currencies while knowing the assets had been stolen.
- Bitcoin drops under $30Kon January 22, 2021 at 12:40 am
Crypto wobbles continue following the slide in the previous 48 hours or so. BTC back to early January levels after hitting 40K+ in the second week of this month.
- Bitcoin runs away from the 100/200 hour MAson January 21, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Looks toward the $30000 and 50% retracement level The price of bitcoin has been consolidating above and below the 100 and 200 hour moving averages over the last 6 so trading days (see blue and green lines in the chart below). The moving averages had converged indicative of a non-trending market. The buyers and sellers are battling it out.
- The volatility swings continue in Bitcoinon January 21, 2021 at 9:11 am
Bitcoin falls by nearly 5% to $33,115 on the day The latest drop sees Bitcoin post an hourly close below $34,000 for the first time since 13 January as previous dips had been quickly bought back up above $34,000 in recent days. That said, key support has not been breached .
- UBS on how Bitcoin can go all the way back to zeroon January 20, 2021 at 12:45 am
Cryptocurrency comments from UBS ( chief investment officer for global emerging markets,) via a Bloomberg report. This was out a while back, posting ICYMI:
- Bitcoin extends to new session highson January 19, 2021 at 4:27 pm
Trading away from its 100/200 hour moving averages Trading yesterday so the price move back above the 100 and 200 hour moving averages but stalled just ahead of the 61.8% retracement of the range since January 8 at $37,445.78. The subsequent fall move back below the aforementioned moving averages once again.
- Bitcoin tumbles. Down over 10% on the dayon January 15, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Bitcoin falls back below its 200 and 100 hour moving averages Looking at the hourly chart, the price has accelerated to the downside after breaking back below its 200 hour moving average at $37,599 and then its 100 day moving average at $36,030. Stay below those levels tilts the bias more to the downside from a technical perspective.
- Bitcoin moves to a new session high.on January 14, 2021 at 3:03 pm
Trades up around 6.4% on the day at the highs Looking at the hourly chart above, the price has moved above the 100 and 200 hour moving averages currently at $35,663 and $37,266 respectively (blue and green lines in the chart above). Stay above those moving averages keeps the buyers in control.
- Bitcoin surges to new session highs. Up 4.1%.on January 13, 2021 at 8:30 pm
Test 100/200 hour MA The price of Bitcoin is on a run to the upside. It currently trades up around $14300 and $36,180. That is a gain of 4.16%.
- Goldman Sachs says bitcoin is starting to mature but institutional money is a tiny fraction of the marketon January 12, 2021 at 10:20 pm
CNBC carried the report citing view of GS' head of commodities research Jeff Currie: to the article to check out if you wish. Here is the link Is Currie on the right track? Comments welcome!
- Bitcoin fraud? Allegations that Bit Digital (BTBT) a fake cryptocurrency businesson January 12, 2021 at 12:05 am
Here is a link to a piece by J Capital Research, a US research reports company focusing on publicly traded companies. They've highlighted their research here on what they say is a likely fraudulent company:
- Bitcoin reaches down toward $30K but finds buyers. What are the charts saying after today's sharp fall?on January 11, 2021 at 3:59 pm
High on Friday reached near $42K. The price of bitcoin has now reached down to a new low of $30,251. The high today (on the Coinbase exchange) reached $39071.13. The price closed on Sunday at $38048.94. The high price from last week, and the all-time high price, reached $41986.38. The % move from that high to
- USD strength in Asia persists, and Bitcoin is back on the defensiveon January 11, 2021 at 2:26 am
Early Asia moves are persisiting, FX is making new lows for the session against a flexing US dollar. Gold too has dipped, lows under $1820 but slightly up on that level now.
- Old news (ICYMI) --> "Bitcoin holders barred from depositing profits in UK banks"on January 10, 2021 at 10:44 pm
The UK Times had a piece up over the weekend (Saturday) on some UK banks not accepting transfers from BTC exchanges. the crypto has had a wild few hours, so the hunt for a narrative seems to have landed on this article. But, as noted above, 'tis a wee bit old.