- Bitcoin trades down 6% on the dayon June 18, 2021 at 7:29 pm
The price remains below the 200 day moving average above and above a key retracement level below Looking at the daily chart, the price cracked below its 200 day moving average toward midmonth of May and has stay below that moving average throughout the month of June.
- Bitcoin falls to a fresh five-day low in third day of declineson June 18, 2021 at 2:28 pm
Bitcoin continues to chew into Sunday's gain Bitcoin edged below the earlier lows in a fall to $36,780, down about $1000 on the day or 2.5%. It's the third day of selling after a failure to climb above $41,000 mid-week.
- One of the major crypto mining hubs in China’s Sichuan province to fully shut down mining operationson June 18, 2021 at 2:19 am
The report came out overnight, so not breaking news at all. According to three local media sources:
- "Brutal Truth About Bitcoin" guy is still at it - Bitcoin has 3 flaws, use alternatives insteadon June 17, 2021 at 11:52 pm
Cornell University professor Eswar Prasad wrote a piece earlier in the New York Times on Bitcoin, triggering a huge backlash on social media. I posted on it here: (includes link to his article if you are interested)
- Bitcoin falls to the lows of the dayon June 17, 2021 at 6:04 pm
Crypto also feeling the volatility today Bitcoin rose as high as $39,554 today but is now at a session low at $37,710. That's the lowest since Elon Musk gave it another lift on Sunday.
- ICYMI - cryptocurrency index fund manager Bitwise raised US$70m from Kravis, Druckenmiller, and otherson June 16, 2021 at 2:02 am
An overnight piece on the cryptocurrency index fund manager raising $70m from an institutional investor, & 30 individuals Some big names in this: Bitwise has more than US$1.2 bn in assets under management
- Attention Bitcoin miners - kicked out of China? Mine from Texas instead!on June 15, 2021 at 9:27 pm
Various provinces in China have been making life very difficult indeed, even impossible, for crypto miners. This from only a week ago: China has acknowledged it'll lose miners to the US and Canada:
- Bitcoin needs to hold above $40,000 for a shot at redemptionon June 15, 2021 at 8:00 am
Bitcoin broke back above $40,000 yesterday but can it hold? endorsement from Paul Tudor Jones The latest push up in the price is encouraging as it manages to crack the $40,000 level into the daily close but the work isn't done yet for buyers.
- Crypto ICYMI: Goldman Sachs intends to offer options and futures on Etheron June 15, 2021 at 2:09 am
An overnight piece via Bloomberg on plans at Goldman Sachs for crypto training. The headline pretty much says it all on new info. Its more of interest as a further sign that institutional adoption looks set to continue.
- Another BTC ICYMI - Paul Tudor Jones likes bitcoin as a portfolio diversifieron June 14, 2021 at 9:20 pm
I posted a few moments ago on BTC: A Bitcoin ICYMI - MicroStrategy to add circa US$500m to its holdings of BTC BTC getting some love over the past 24 hours or so:
- A Bitcoin ICYMI - MicroStrategy to add circa US$500m to its holdings of BTCon June 14, 2021 at 8:55 pm
Bitcoin traded above US$41K during Monday US time. The price surge began Sunday afternoon US time with a Musk tweet: It got a renewed push on the news that business software company MicroStrategy made a statement on Monday its readying to buy up to $488m in bitcoin, utilising proceeds from a $500m bond sale it has finalised.
- Bitcoin moves above $40,000 for the first time in two and half weekson June 14, 2021 at 1:11 pm
Musk tweet over the weekend spurs on buying The tweet over the weekend from Elon Musk saying that Tesla would look to buy bitcoin when there is confirmation of reasonable clean energy usage by minors with a positive future trend.
- ICYMI - BTC has surged in price after Musk says Tesla will accept bitcoins when miners use more clean energyon June 13, 2021 at 10:05 pm
I posted on the tweel from TSLA CEO Elon Musk earlier here: Bitcoin surge on Musk tweet The words of interest: Bitcoin did what it does best and skyrocketed in price. It traded above US$39,300 and not far from there as I update, circa $38,980.
- Bitcoin surge on Musk tweeton June 13, 2021 at 8:15 pm
A tweet from Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Sunday indicating his firm will be ac cepting BTC transactions once it confirms there is reasonable clean energy usage by miners.
- ICYMI: SNB, BDF, UBS, Credit Suisse, Natixis hooking up to trial cross-border central bank digital currency paymentson June 10, 2021 at 8:58 pm
News filtering out Thursday of the Swiss National Bank & Bank of France to set up a trial run of Europe's first cross-border central bank digital currency payments