- Bitcoin gets a weekend bid again, climbs above $60,000on April 10, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Bitcoin up 3% today I last month about bitcoin's habit of rallying on Saturday's and today that was the case again. It's up 3.1% to $60,156 today and touched as high as $61,218.
- China is testing its digital yuan - may come with a use-by dateon April 6, 2021 at 1:05 am
This via the Wall Street Journal on "China Creates its Own Digital Currency, a First for Major Economy" China's PBOC will issue the new electronic money
- CME to launch bitcoin micro futureson March 30, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Contracts will be one-tenth of a bitcoin On May 3, the CME Group will launch bitcoin micro futures. They will be worth one-tenth of a bitcoin. "Since the launch of our Bitcoin futures contract in 2017, we have seen steady, ongoing growth of liquidity and market participation in our crypto derivatives, especially among institutional traders," said Tim
- PayPal to announce crypto checkout serviceon March 30, 2021 at 10:03 am
Bitcoin climbs to $59,000 on the headlines PayPal is to reveal that customers who hold Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin cash, and Litecoin in PayPal digital wallets will be able to convert their holdings into fiat currencies at checkouts in order to make purchases online. More from Reuters .
- Bitcoin jumps as Visa is reportedly said to allow payment settlements using cryptocurrencyon March 29, 2021 at 8:51 am
Reuters reports on the matter Visa is said that on Monday, it will allow the use of cryptocurrency USD Coin to settle transactions on its payment network. The report headline may be a bit of a stretch since this actually only covers USDC.
- The Bank of Japan has created a committee to facilitate creating of a central bank digital currencyon March 26, 2021 at 3:25 am
The Bank of Japan committee will consist of BOJ, Ministry of Finance and Financial Services Agency executives, as well as officials from financial lobbies The BOJ has been taking small steps on this path for a long time, this is another.
- Japanese online retailer to incorporate cryptocurrency payments into its appon March 25, 2021 at 10:08 pm
Rakuten is a Japanese electronic commerce and online retailing company Japanese media (NIkkei) with the report. BTC update:
- Fed’s Evans says cryptocurrencies are too volatile to be a store of valueon March 24, 2021 at 11:47 pm
Chicago Fed President Evans speaking on his outlook for the economy ... straying off topic. A very senior central banker dissing Bitcoin et al. You know what to do :-)
- Bitcoin extending its losses, under $52Kon March 24, 2021 at 10:25 pm
During US time BTC traded up above $57K on Elon Musk announcing Tesla will accept bitcoin. Its since slumped, and is extending the sell off now. BTC bulls will be loading up again soon enough.
- The Elon Musk bounce in bitcoin evaporateson March 24, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Bitcoin at the lows of the day Bitcoin is down 2% at $53,335 after rising as high as $57,209 on Elon Musk announcing Tesla will accept bitcoin. That's not exactly a great reason to buy, so easy-come, easy-go.
- Bitcoin gives up most of gains and moves back toward unchangedon March 24, 2021 at 8:03 pm
Up about $200 after being up over $2800 The price of bitcoin was up about $2800 at the high today at $57209. However, most of those gains have whittled away. The digital currency is only up about $200 at the moment.
- Bitcoin gets a little pop higher as Elon Musk endorses buying a Tesla with the cryptocurrencyon March 24, 2021 at 7:21 am
Bitcoin jumps up from $54,700 to $55,500 on Musk's tweets That said, the slightly jump is hardly noticeable given the volatility surrounding Bitcoin itself when you look at how price action has been playing out recently.
- $806m Bitcoin transfer registered ... institutional flow?on March 23, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Noting this item on financial sites (, there are others also) here's a link BTC update:
- Here's a BTC opinion - Bitcoin could surge to $300,000 then drop 90%on March 22, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Comments from Bobby Lee, co-founder and former CEO of crypto exchange BTCC to CNBC Monday afternoon US time. In Brief ) (link here for the full thing
- Bitcoin with a quick drop under 55Kon March 22, 2021 at 9:11 pm
BTC has been heavy the past hour or so, and its dropped under USD55K as I post Dip buying opportunity for the crypt bulls!